"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Carrypad re-launched

What a big surprise for me is this news. My friend Steve and I have been discussing for a long time about categorization. I feel that the there is a need of a better definition of what should be called UMPC while he has been arguing that there is not need for such definition. Well, today I found that he has re-launched Carrypad.com to talk about MID which I thought were UMPCs too according to him.  Surprised

During the last 10 months we've talked a lot about sub-UMPCs, ARM-based devices, consumer Internet web pads, smartphones and MIDs and recently we've seen a lot of activity indicating that there's going to be an influx of devices into this new product category. With that in mind, I've decided to re-start the Carrypad site as an information portal for the new device category. It will take a consumer-oriented look at devices that are mobile, targeted at the consumer and have Internet connectivity as one of the main features. The Google phone, the iPod touch, the Nokia Internet tablet, the Pepper Pad and even Internet media devices, Internet-connected digital cameras, car audio streaming solutions and portable Internet TV's. In addition to that, Internet-capable smartphones (with VGA screens and above) will be covered.

The bottom line for me is one, Steve, keep calling them in anyway you please as long as you keep doing such wonderful job writing about these devices. Thumbs-up

[Discuss This Topic

No comments: