"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Monday, September 26, 2011

Looking for a job is a full time job

Those who knows me they know that I give any task the best of me and I do that with passion. So now I'm looking for a job with all the discipline and passion as I'm still employed. I wake up around 7:30 am. Before 8 am I'm already with my iPad checking all my emails.

I have opened accounts in all big Jobs companies online so I receive from them a bunch of emails every night. From there I open the apps for iPad or iPhone from Dice, Monsters.com and CB and start looking for new positions opened. Every time that I find a match I try to apply from the iPad. And here is the tricky part. If you have already created an account in any of these companies, you already have your resume uploaded, so in this case you can apply from the iPad. If any of these applications send you to the employer site then you can not apply from the iPad because there is not a way thanks to Apple developers and the great Steve Jobs to select a file from your iPad and upload it to a web page. So in this case I send the link to my email. Usually this process takes me almost the whole morning.

I take a lunch break around noon. After that I turn on my laptop, I start the process of applying to all those jobs that I could not apply from the iPad thanks to the magical Web Navigation Experience in this device. This process could take me up to 4 more hours believe it or not. Each application is different and I have to answer questioners, upload files, etc.

So there are 8 hours of work just like in a real job.

Using the iPad does not make the process longer. And here is why. Usually the mobile version of all these sites do not have annoying adds wasting your time. Some of these adds ask you to feel forms and if you are not aware that they are not part of the application process you end subscribing to receive calls with information about how to get certifications or degrees. That already happened to me.

All this while Republicans and Democrats discuss how to make the whole process of creating more jobs longer. It does not matter anymore if Obama goes and proposes a republican idea, right after the proposal the republicans go against it. All that is just sick! I never saw something like that with Clinton or Bush. And that makes me believe that Obama is an inept without cojones.

Unfortunately, there is not an independent candidate running so far because one thing is sure, in 2012, my vote is not going to be democrat neither republican.

I, I keep working in my new job of looking for a job while I can pay for my Internet. If I wait for Obama or the republicans I'm totally lost. And the unemployment help is not enough to pay even for the food. Not that I want any help. I even have not applied yet for it. All I need is a job. And looking for it is what I'm doing with all my heart.


2 comments:

  1. Paying every month to our Social Security System is a pain in the neck until you went into troubles and you become ill or unemployed.

    If you become ill you go to our National Health System and got assistance from the best doctors. Or if you are unemployed you have a decent salary to get food and courses and training to find a new job.

    OK, a citizen of the USA could argue that we are almost broke as a country... but the problem wasn't the Social Security System... that system is what really is helping us to survive with an unemployment rate of 21%. Without that system, basically paid by yourself when working, the country will went into chaos with 21% of the population unemployed.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.